Monday, September 18, 2006

Let's watch our attitudes
It's important to remember that just because it works for you does not mean it's the only way. When I'm in my cycling group of friends or around Crossfit people I find we can have an attitude. It's deadly! It can turn people off and that is not my goal. We can know that one bike is better than others or that certaint components are better but geesh shut your big month! Just because someone has a shitty bike does not mean she/he loves cycling less or more. Just be grateful they ride at all. Drop the tude, save it for your own time. Same goes with fitness. The whole goal is to turn people on to being fit. I know, I know Cf works...You don't have to tell me that! I'm a believer! For others it just might not turn them on, be there thing...Whatever. Yes, maybe what their doing is not going to get the same results. At lest they're moving. It's great that they are doing something...Which in my book is better than nothing. In my past I was a die hard born again Christian. To the point that I was a missionary. As I came out of that life style I realized there is no one way. Freedom of choice is a great gift. Don't take it from others or it could be taken from you.
Do what you love and you will find others will be attracted to it because of your passion. Drop the attitude!

3 comments:

Jen's Gym at Crossfit Watertown, CT said...

Gus, awesome thanks so much for letting me know you were here.
As you said i have been taking more real rest days and it's been good for me. I've always had a hard time with rest days. I feel like I'm missing out on play time or something. With my cycling it was really important since my legs could get very burnt out.
Your links are great. I love Ross training and body tribe. I wish Body tribe was around here! Mike Mahlers site is just OK. He talks to much for me or something.
Have you been to the Underground site? It's a link on my blog. There is a fee for most of the stuff. I do a month to month thing. It's a stong site!
Ok, off to work. Thanks for your comments! Jen

Rob said...

Jen,
I love your blog. I found it through underground strength coach. Any loved your Monday post, so true.
Also I wanted to thank you for checking out my blog highoctaneworkout.blogspot.com.
Keep it up.

Rob

Pamela MacElree said...

Hey Jen

I finally got a chance to read over a few things, look good! As I've been saying on USC keep it up. Nice thought about attitude as well. It can certainly be a driving force for you but also one that can drive others away.

We're planning a group workout for mid October, Jerry said you'd like to stop up if it fits into your schedule. I'll keep you posted.

Pamela
CF Philly