Thursday, September 04, 2008


Bonding in the glory of pain!
Why is it when we suffer together we bond? I'm not sure I know, but it does happen.
I could taste the blood in my mouth, the burn in my lungs. My legs weren't functioning correctly, but I knew Erica was right there with me in the glory of the pain.
Fifteen minutes and we could be done, fifteen minutes of "putting out" what we had. It draws on peoples bonding needs.
Erika and I've been working on the development of Potomac Crossfit for months.
Between being busy and my shoulder not allowing me to always jump in we've never done a WOD together. So this is why they call it Crossfit! It creates a unexplainable bond that at times allows for friendship, that may not be there otherwise. Strange? Who cares!
Erika , you rock! Next week we are on!!!
The WOD:
5 Hang power cleans@ 75#
10 Box jumps
15 mins for rounds
I think I had 9 and Erika had 10.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love this post! When I used to dance I would always say that I was so close to my fellow dancers because we were in close proximity to each other while wearing very little clothing.

Since doing Crossfit, I've come to realize it may not have had anything to do with the amount of clothing we were wearing. It was much more about the shared suffering!

Unknown said...

I love this post, too! We definitely did some bonding over this ass-kicker, and I'll take you as my workout partner again any day. I'll meet you for another match up next Wed!

You rock. Thanks for pushing me to be the best Crossfit athlete I can be.